Serving Middle Tennessee For Over 70 Years

Compensation might be available in your accident case

On Behalf of | Dec 29, 2021 | Car Accidents

If you are involved in a truck accident that takes place on a Tennessee road, you might be entitled to compensation. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to obtain a financial award that makes up for lost wages, the cost of medical bills or helps you recoup other losses. It’s important to note that the size of your award may be reduced if you are partially liable for your financial losses.

How are lost wages accounted for in a settlement or jury award?

It’s likely that you will submit pay stubs, tax returns or similar records to prove how much you lost in wages as a result of injuries sustained in a truck accident. If your injuries make it impossible to return to work, you may be entitled to compensation for lost future earnings.

How are medical bills accounted for in an accident case?

Generally speaking, you will submit insurance statements, credit card statements or other records proving that you incurred medical bills after a motor vehicle accident. There is a good chance that you will receive an invoice for services rendered by a medical professional even if payment isn’t made until after your case is resolved. This invoice can be used to prove that you will incur a loss if the matter isn’t resolved in your favor.

What other types of damages might you receive?

In addition to compensation for lost wages and medical bills, you might also be entitled to an award for mental anguish or the cost of refurbishing your home. In addition, you may receive money to pay for physical therapy or to make up for the loss of relationships with your spouse, children or friends.

If you are harmed in an accident, it is generally in your best interest to take action as quickly as possible. You’ll typically have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. Even if you file a lawsuit, there is still a chance that a personal injury case will be settled out of court.