The holidays are quickly approaching and electronics top many people’s wish lists in Tennessee. A popular gift item in recent years has been a digital photo frame that allows one to display some of those photos shot with the ever-improving smart phone cameras. One such frame, made by Skylight, may be among the season’s dangerous products.
The AC adapter that is shipped with the frame is being recalled because of the possibility of electric shock. The problem appears to be with the plastic casing that encloses the prongs and the wiring. It has been reported that the casing could possibly break while plugged into an outlet, resulting in the exposure of live electrical wires.
There have been reports of at least eight instances where the casing cracked or broke while plugged into an outlet. Of those, one instance resulted in a person receiving an electric shock. While the adapters were sold with the frame, only the adapters themselves are subject to the recall. The company, Skylight, has issued a voluntary recall and will replace the faulty adapters.
Electric shocks can be serious to anyone, including small children and the elderly. A person in Tennessee who experiences an electric shock from what may be among the year’s dangerous products may wish to seek the advice of a personal injury attorney. A knowledgeable lawyer can review the facts of a case and advise the client as to whether a civil suit is a possible option. A successful claim can provide compensation for current and possible future medical costs, as well as other verifiable financial losses.